Status Debit Card
IF YOUR DEBIT CARD HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN, IF
YOU HAVE GIVEN OUT YOUR CARD OR PIN NUMBERS OR IF YOU FEEL YOUR DEBIT
CARD INFORMATION HAS BEEN COMPROMISED, PLEASE CALL 269-679-5291 DURING
BUSINESS HOURS OR 1-800-523-4175 DURING NON-BUSINESS HOURS TO CLOSE YOUR
Unfortunately, fraud is on the rise. Tough economic times
historically lead to an increase in fraudulent activity. Kalamazoo
County State Bank takes your account security and privacy very seriously
but there are also things you can do to help protect your account and
catch any fraudulent activity.
Protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN):
- Never write down your PIN. Memorize it as soon as you get it.
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone. No one from any financial
institution, the police, or a merchant should ever ask you for your
- At an ATM or PIN pad, enter your PIN discreetly, shielding the
keypad with your hand or body.
Protect your Personal Information:
- Beware of phishing emails. These are emails that appear to be
from the bank or an online merchant asking for account information.
Do not reply to them or click on any links. The bank or any other
legitimate online merchant will not ask for your PIN or other
personal financial information via email.
- Beware of fraudulent automated phone calls and text messages
asking for debit card and PIN number information.
- Kalamazoo County State Bank will NEVER contact you by phone,
email, text, or any other means requesting ATM/debit card numbers
and/or PIN numbers. THESE ARE SCAMS; DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE TYPES
OF CALLS OR TEXT MESSAGES AND NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY TO REPORT THE
Legitimate phone call from KCSB for debit card transaction
- Debit card transactions will be monitored and if something is
deemed unusual or questionable, you will be contacted for
- An agent from KCSB will call the phone number associated with
your account and identify himself/herself as a representative of the
bank calling from the transaction review department.
- The representative will ask you to verify whether the debit card
transactions are legitimate. Please let the representative know
whether or not the transactions were made by or authorized by you.
- Please note that our representatives will NOT ask for your PIN
number, card number, etc. They WILL ask for your name and phone
number if you are returning their call.
- If someone identifying themselves as a representative of KCSB
asks you for any other type of secure information, DO NOT provide
any details and call KCSB to report the fraudulent inquiry.
- The legitimate phone number to call back for transaction
verification is 1-800-327-8622.
KCSB is committed to providing the most protection for our
account holders. Please contact us at 269-679-5291 with any questions or
concerns you may have.